Friday, April 30, 2010

Doin' What I LOVE To Do the MOST:Encountering the HOMELESS In America

Doin' What I LOVE To Do The MOST is loving other people like Jesus told us to....

By Pamela Schuffert presenting investigative journalism from a Biblical Christian perspective-

Ahhhhh...what a beautiful day! The sun is shining brightly, the warmth has gradually spread and scattered the early morning chill, and I am in my element, doin' what I love to do the most: LOVE PEOPLE!

Sitting all around me in the city park are a combination of homeless, traveling present-day hippies and Rainbow people, railriders, and those in crisis as well. Sporting dreadlocks, torn jeans, tattered backpacks of every color, I am surrounded with a potpourri of various people who all share on thing in common: they ALL need the love and mercy of the Living God, through Jesus Christ His Son. And they need people like ourselves to manifest His tender love and salvation to them personally, all across our America.

God's love is so wonderful! I feel it in my heart so deeply as I look at these people all around me and begin to pray for them. God leads various ones to me, and we talk, and I go to the local discount food store and buy some bread and peanut butter and honey for some who have not eaten today, and I share the the love of Jesus in sweet and simple ways.

And then we discuss salvation through Jesus Christ, and I pray with some, and minister to others. Just like Jesus did. Life is so beautiful when lived for Jesus Christ!

It costs so very little, often nothing at all. Just our time, our love, and our interest in what Jesus Himself was supremely interested in while among us in the days of His flesh. And the fruits of our taking the time to share Jesus Christ with the lost around us are ETERNAL.

Now that the warm weather has returned to our nation, won't you take the time to be like Jesus, and seek and pray to encounter the hungry, the lost, the homeless and those in crisis in your region, and become His instruments of love and compassion in this perishing world?

For if YOU don't, who will? God only has us to use for His glory in the world.

-Pamela Schuffert


-Pamela Schuffert

No comments:

Post a Comment